Saturday 21 November 2009

Day 5 Challenge

Not done much studying since Wednesday. Tried to make up for it today. I was using my son's confiscated dsi. (Confiscated because of other reason not because i want to use it.) I did feel a bit guilty. Since I told him, me using his precious dsi means he is helping me pass my test which leads to getting a car and him getting ridden to the soft play area whenever we can. I think that did the work and he doesn't mind me using his ds.
I had been using the DSA option and getting really into it. I manage to go as far as the 4th 'Safety Margins' . It seem to me that the questions repeating itself even when i have turned that option off. I think there doesn't to enough question for each section so far. Its worth getting different types of study aid.

A few of the question was about the different types of crossing. Here is what i made in my previous blog:

Pelican crossing


This type of crossing is an old and common type of crossing that you will find in most places around UK. Its pretty basic with a button to activate the crossing process. Green or red man will lit up to indicate either to walk or to stop.


  • Flashing amber in a pelican crossing means you can pass if it is safe to do so. Give way to pedesterian already crossing.

Toucan crossing


This is for pedestrians aswell as cyclist. Same rules as Pelican crossing but this allows cyclist to cycle across and now you don't have to look above and across to see the little man.


Puffin Crossing
This is modern of the traffic lights. It has a sensor which intelligent enough to know that there is a person waiting to cross. I read somewhere that these are going to be replacing the soon to be extinct pelican crossing.


Pegasus or Equestrian crossing

This crossing is for horse riders and pedestrians. As you can see there is a different pole with push button unit for horse riders. Situated well behind the pedestrian push button unit.



Dummies guide to traffic lights

If your reading this then you more likely not a driver. You probably don't pay much attention to the sequence lights shown in a traffic light. It not a simple as red-> amber-> green as i thought.
Apparently its

RED,
RED
and AMBER together
then GREEN

Then from green its GREEN, AMBER and RED

2 comments:

  1. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. DKT Test

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete