Monday 21 December 2009

Hoorah!! Driving test here I come

Yep I've done it and i can finally say that part is over. I have sat my test and passed. So Glad. I now have the driving test to think about, but for now i will bask in my achievement. Even if it is a minuscule achievement, it is part of something bigger. Getting a new car is closer now than ever. Yeah.

Pointers:

Here is some points that may help. When they say arrive early. You really should.  You given maximum time of 15 minutes practice.  If you arrive 5 minute before your test is scheduled, you are only given 5 minutes of practice.  The practice came in handy. I was in the library for an hour before the test to refresh what I've learnt and did a little times table to get the old cogs working after a sleepless night.

When i booked my test, the customer service asked me if I wanted headphones so the computer can read the question for me. I think it really helped me concentrate. I notice most of the others in the room had it too. Unfortunately it was a noisy little test room with 8 or so quashed in our very own little cubicle. Headphones really helped me focus. I read the question and heard it at the same time. I think that's why I got 49 out 50. Using two senses is better than one, I guess in my case. 

The hazard perception test was a little more tricky. Just make sure you don't go clicking several times when you see a hazard develop. My second clip score was disqualified for doing just that. I only click 4 times in the whole clip but it was fast and right after one another.
Before you start the second part of your theory test, you are given a 3 minutes break. During this time it gives you instruction on how to use the equipment and what you are meant to do. Just make sure you click on the hazards that would make you change your speed and hazard developing and not possible hazard.

Good luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. Driving Test NSW

    ReplyDelete