Wednesday 2 December 2009

Day - 17 Panic sets in...

I have been very busy this week doing everything else instead of studying. My class is keeping me busy. We are setting a charity and i've decided to join. Don't know my role yet. So far all the roles are used. Brilliant for me at the moment as i have to much on my plate.

I had a few workmen sorting the house and shower room out that disturb my routine. Then the heating packed in. Not a good time with frost and unbelievable amount of rain and flood came our way. (will take some picture of river and lake burst its banks) Not seen anything like it before.

I know what your thinking, any excuse. Unfortunately it has happen but as they say onward and upward.

Driving theory test Part 1

Ok, my 'Driving theory test countdown clock' said I have 12 days. Not so good. I've been using the online http://www.theory-test.co.uk when i can. So far it is the best i have used. It is thorough which what we need for our driving theory test and hazard perception. It advices you to cover each section, total of 14, with 1200 multiple questions for part one. You are to grade each question to either easy, meduim or hard. You also have the option to review the same question if you feel you are not going to remember it or not sure about it. It records the question you made a mistake on.

One of the options i really like about this site theory-test.co.uk is that it gives you the option to review the 'easy', 'medium' or 'hard' section of your choice. Since it records your mistakes it give you the option to focus on those bits instead. If there is anything that i have learned in my psychology class is that, headings and repetition makes easy access to your stored memory. It places it in to your long term memory and heading helps it fish out the appropriate memory. This site allows you to do that. you can choose ie option 5 which heads as 'Hazard Awareness'. Once completed and you wanted to focus on your mistake in this section it allows you to do that and it offers correct answer, if you like. The only thumbs down is that it doesn't give you explanation why that is the right answer. For people like me who don't know much about driving, it can help with higher recall if explanation is offered.

Hazard Perception test Part 2

The second part of the driving theory test is the Hazard perception. My partner was just telling me that he knew someone who just sat his test and pass the first part with flying colours and miserably fail the second part. Yikes. This is not uncommon i have spoken to a few who have done the same. The second part seem to be the problem. ok, so why?

I think in my opinion there is not enough info about it. When i first sat my test. It was only then in the reception that i asked if you have to point at the hazard and click, do you click the mouse just before it happens or do you click at all possible hazard? Heres what he said,

CLICK ANYWHERE in the screen.
Only click on DEVELOPING HAZARD. Not potential hazard or just a milisecond before hazard occur.
Do not go clicker happy. It will exempt any marks you get from that clip.

It is easier said than done at the moment. Tomorrow I have more workmen coming over. Then I have to go to my class but must really revise before i go. I just hope i can get an hour of this done tomorrow, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment